Application for Civil Indigent Status
What is the application for civil indigent status?
The application for civil indigent status is a form that when completed and included in your divorce documents can save you the court filing fee or can help you get a payment plan. Some people also know the form as a "court filing fee waiver".
Requirements to apply
The requirements to apply for the application for civil indigents status are as follows:
- Petitioner should be considered no income or low income
- Petitioner should not have significant assets
- If petitioner owns a car such car should not be worth more than $3,000.00
Where to get the application for civil indigent status
We always include the form as part of the divorce preparation services that we render. We will also complete the form for you if you seem to qualify.
Court Filing Fee Waiver
The best kept secret in family court is the existence of a way to save the court filing fees. The form is called Application for Indigent Status (click on the link for more details or to obtain the form). If you qualify you can save the court filing fee. You can check here for the actual statute http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/57.082 but here is a snapshot of who may qualify:
- Income is less than $21,600 a year - which averages to $1,800 a month (take home - after taxes and deductions)
- Have a car worth less than $3,000.00
- Don't have significant savings
Flat fee divorce express preparation
Miami divorce - flat fee service, divorce without a court hearing. Divorce in Miami court filing fee waiver.
1840 W 49th Street Suite 708